Don Yeager has a small book mark sized card on 16 Consistent Characteristics of Greatness. I got my card at a PMI conference where he spoke. I'm repeating them here. Don's talk was about sports people he interviewed for magazines and books. The audience was hard-bitten Government and Industry project and program managers. Those accountable for millions and billions of dollars of high risk, high reward endeavors. After Don finished his talk, no a person in the room had dry eyes. Subscribe to Don's daily message at www.donyaeger.com
1. It's personal - they hate to lose more than they love to win.
2. Rubbing elbows - they understand the value of association.
3. Believe - they have faith in a higher power.
4. Contagious Enthusiasm - they are positive thinkers... They are enthusiastic... and that enthusiasm rubs off.
How They Prepare
5. Hope for the best, but ... They prepare for all possibilities before they step on the field.
6. What Off-Season? They are always working towards the next game... The goal is whart's ahead, and there's always something ahead.
7. Visualize Victory - They see victory before the game begins.
8. Inner Fire - they use adversity as fuel.
How They Work
9. Ice in Their Veins - they are risk-takers and don't fear making a mistake.
10. When All Else Fails - they know how - and when - to adjust their game plan.
11. Ultimate Teammate - they will assume whatever role is necessary for the team to win.
12. Not Just About the Benjamin's - they don't just play for the money.
How They Live
13. Do Unto Others - they know character is defined by how they treat those who cannot help them.
14. When No One Is Watching - they are comfortable in the mirror... They live their life with integrity.
15. When Everyone is Watching - they embrace the idea of being a role model.
16. Records Are Made To Be Broken - they know their legacy isn't what they did on the field. They are well rounded.